Typical applications for UV Air Disinfection
• UV Air Disinfection may be applied in the forms of upper air systems, forced Air disinfection, or air re-circulation systems; any or all of which will depend upon the individual customer requirement.
• Any application where the control of microbial airborne infections are ideal candidates for immediate UV Air Disinfection treatments.
• More and more food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries are choosing to use UV Air Disinfection via air ducts.
• Air to aseptic and sensitive areas for food, beverages, pharmaceuticals and electronics industries, especially where mould is a common issue.
• Air to clean rooms and laboratories, culture preparation rooms, industrial research areas.
• Reducing “spoilage” levels in food preparation areas.
• Providing cleaner environments for animal breeding centres.
• Bottling plants.
• Poultry Houses.
• Tank head space in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
• Filling machines for sensitive products.
• Reduction of “Sick Building Syndrome.”
• Clean rooms and beverage filling rooms.
• In Air Con systems to deliver clean disinfected air.
• Significantly reducing airborne pathogens in doctor’s surgeries, hospitals, schools and offices, intensive care units, post operative wards.
Traditional methods of disinfection of objects for example in medical laboratories fail to disinfect the air because micro-organisms float free. Application of UV in air ducts for ventilation, heating and cooling purposes has proven to provide adequate protection against airborne pathogens, with current estimates showing up to 99% of airborne pathogens can be destroyed with sufficient UV exposure.
At airdisinfection.co.uk and at DaRo UV Systems, we understand that almost all clients will have their own unique requirements, and, as manufacturers of these products, we will undertake to design and manufacture a specialist solution based on standardised lamp assemblies.
By doing this we ensure that the biological performance is not compromised and that servicing costs are kept to a minimum. All DaRo UV units are designed with unique safety features, giving a high level of user confidence. Customization - Both the product and its packaging can be treated, to extend shelf life and reduce bacterial and mould spoilage.
Regularly we find that a combined air and surface disinfection regime best achieve industrial bacterial control. Following a detailed survey we will calculate the UV dose required and how best to apply this in the treatment area. DaRo UV Systems have designed and built many bespoke systems for major bakeries, dairies and other food processing and packaging lines. We are able to retrofit UV tunnels onto existing conveyors, or supply new conveyors as part of a complete package.
DaRo UV Systems Batten units offer a solution to tightening hygiene standards in the food or medical industry without using chemicals. It destroys airborne and surface bacteria, yeasts and fungus and is available in different lamp configurations, power outputs and sizes.
For Direct Radiation a door interlock system can be installed, which turns off the UV when a person enters the room being disinfected.
As with all UV disinfection technology applications must be effective and safe.
Airdisinfection.co.uk via DaRo UV Systems provides expert backup and independent safety assessments to customers who choose to install their own UV equipment modules.